Non Tax-Deductible Donations can be made by clicking here. Thank You

MCSP & OCSP Theme: The Light, Millenium, Windows of Heaven, Let Me Fly, I'm on Fire by Paul Kantner & Jefferson Starship

Jefferson Starship Amazon

× full description

Thoughts on Facebook’s 9 plans to curb election interference

• Williamhawk
  • Williamhawk's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 1 week ago #14 by Williamhawk
Williamhawk created the topic: Thoughts on Facebook’s 9 plans to curb election interference
Election meddling is Facebook’s next adversary, and it’s got a plan to attack it just like it did with fake news. Solutions to both these scourges come too late to prevent tampering that may have aided Donald Trump winning the presidency — but at least Facebook is owning up to the problem, working with the government and starting to self-regulate. Here’s the nine-point plan Zuckerberg has devised to combat election interference, plus our commentary on each strategy’s potential.

One: Providing Russian-bought ads to Congress – “We are actively working with the US government on its ongoing investigations into Russian interference. We have been investigating this for many months, and for a while we had found no evidence of fake accounts linked to Russia running ads. When we recently uncovered this activity, we provided that information to the special counsel. We also briefed Congress — and this morning I directed our team to provide the ads we’ve found to Congress as well. As a general rule, we are limited in what we can discuss publicly about law enforcement investigations, so we may not always be able to share our findings publicly. But we support Congress in deciding how to best use this information to inform the public, and we expect the government to publish its findings when their investigation is complete.”

For more you can check
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Bob. Reason: Advertising for "click-bait" is in violation of TOS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds